It is great to enter a humidified home after spending your entire day in dry weather. Maintaining required humidity levels in the house is essential for maintaining good indoor air quality overall. Still, it can also help in soothing dry, irritated skin, dry scalp, chapped lips, frequent nose bleeding, and dry throats.
If you have pets in your house, dry air can also affect them. They will feel more scratchy and send out fur and dander into the air you breathe, thus polluting it.
You will get plenty of options regarding humidifiers in the market, but if you are looking for a unit that can cover a vast space, then you will need the best humidifier for 1000 square feet.
But humidifiers designed for large spaces are not very cheap, and choosing one among many options can be daunting. But no worries, because this article will give you some of the most effective recommendations to pick out the best humidifier for 1000 sq ft.
Let’s dive right into it!
- 1 7 best humidifiers for 1000 sq ft.
- 1.1 1. Lacidoll Humidifier for Large Room.
- 1.2 2. Q-Life Humidifier for Large Room.
- 1.3 3. Lacidoll 4.2Gal Ultrasonic Humidifier.
- 1.4 4. Aircare D-Series Humidifier- D66720.
- 1.5 5. Aircare Space Saver 836000HB Humidifier.
- 1.6 6. Aircare Digital Pedestal-Style Humidifier.
- 1.7 7. Vornado EVAP-40 Evaporative Humidifier.
- 2 How to Choose the Right Type of Humidifier for 1000 Square Feet
- 3 What to look for While choosing a humidifier for a 1000 square feet or greater place?
- 4 Verdict
- 5 FAQs
7 best humidifiers for 1000 sq ft.
Image Product Features Price Lacidoll Humidifiers for Large Room Check Price On Amazon Q-Life Humidifier for Large Room Check Price On Amazon Lacidoll 4.2 Gal Tower Humidifier Check Price On Amazon AIRCARE D-Series Large Room Humidifier (1,200 sq ft) Check Price On Amazon AIRCARE Space-Saver Evaporative Whole House Humidifier Check Price On Amazon AIRCARE Digital Whole-House Pedestal-Style Evaporative Humidifier Check Price On Amazon Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier Check Price On Amazon
1. Lacidoll Humidifier for Large Room.
One of the best humidifiers for large spaces, the Lacidoll humidifier can cover an area of 1000 square feet and comes with newell atomizers which provide a maximum output of 800ml/h. There are three different adjustable mist settings- low, medium, and high.
The unit can constantly run for 60 hours, and one of the most exciting features is the built-in humidity sensor that can detect the humidity in your room in real-time.
And based on the results, the device automatically adjusts the preset moisture from 40 % to 90% to maintain optimal humidity conditions inside your house.
Once the device detects the required humidity level, the mist is suspended. And as soon as the level decreases, the humidifier will start again to mist.
You can control the Lacidoll humidifier via remote control and a sensitive touch panel. You can control the humidifier using the remote control without getting up at all.
The sleep mode will dim the display, and you do not need to purchase any highly energy-efficient replacement filters. The water tank has a large capacity of 10 liters or 2.6 gallons, which is perfect for ample space.
The easy top filling function allows adding water from the top without bending. You do not need to take out the tank to refill it, which makes the process a breeze.
The unit shuts down automatically when out of the water, and there is a 12 hours timer feature to save money on electricity bills.
- Can cover a large area of 1000 square feet.
- Water tank capacity is sufficient at 2.6 gallons.
- Mist suspends automatically when desired humidity level is reached.
- Offers remote control support and a sensitive touch panel.
- Easy fill water function without bending down.
- Sleep mode and dim display function.
- No need for replacement filters.
- 30 days free replacement and 1-year warranty.
- The water level in the tank is slightly tricky to read.
- The temperature format used is Celsius only. Fahrenheit conversion is not available.
2. Q-Life Humidifier for Large Room.
This one is a very strong competitor for those of you looking for the best humidifier for 1000 square feet and is worth checking out.
These steam-type, warm mist humidifiers do not need any filter, and this model offers a healthy moisture content with the help of evaporation technology. It really makes your skin feel moisturized and can enhance the air quality to a considerable extent.
The unit can cover an area of 1000 square feet and is very much suitable for use in large rooms. Whether you want to get a humidifier for your bedroom or office space, this one is a great choice.
The Q-Life humidifier comes with three levels of mist volume- low, medium, and high. The output range is between 400ml/hr and 1200ml/hr. This is definitely a powerful one and can moisten any space almost instantly.
A built-in smart humidity sensor maintains a stable humidity range in your space. And once the required custom humidity level is reached, the device will shut down automatically. And if the actual humidity level is lower than the set level, the device will restart again to produce mist.
The water tank in this humidifier has a capacity of 10 liters, and the humidifier can function efficiently for a long period of time. It is very convenient to fill water and clean the unit, and you can easily take out the two removable water tanks, each having a capacity of 5 liters.
The brand offers you a 1-year warranty, and you get 24 hours of professional service support in case of any issues.
- Suitable for covering a large area of 1000 square feet.
- Warm mist humidifier- uses heated evaporation without the need for any filters.
- Custom humidity range from 50% to 70% is supported.
- 2 independent 5L water tanks which are easy to take out and clean.
- Unit is quiet and does not make much noise.
- Timer for auto-shutdown and child lock feature.
- Power consumption is slightly high.
3. Lacidoll 4.2Gal Ultrasonic Humidifier.
This ultrasonic humidifier can cover a large area of 1000 square feet. The unit has a maximum mist output of 1000ml/hr and comes with a 4.2 gallons/16L water tank, which is pretty impressive. It’s a cool-mist humidifier and can work for up to 48 continuous hours.
There are 4 different reset mist speeds- low, medium, high, and turbo for producing required moisture output according to different seasons.
It follows the standard top fill humidifier with a humidistat design where you can quickly fill water in the unit from the top without even opening the cover. The built-in humidistat in this device works great and can accurately detect the humidity level in your room.
Based on the results, it can automatically adjust to your preset humidity level between 40% to 90% for optimal humidity conditions.
And once the humidity level in your room reaches the set level, the mist is suspended. And if the level goes lower than the threshold, the unit restarts, producing the mist.
This Lacidoll humidifier has a wide opening water tank which makes the refilling process much easier and avoids spillage. It also provides you easy access to clean the tank thoroughly, and you can do that using a wet cloth.
The mist tube is 360 degrees adjustable and suitable for use anywhere you want. Coming to the features, there is a crystal clear panel display where you can always keep track of humidity levels in real-time and the necessary settings.
The display lights will shut down on activating the sleep mode, and you can enjoy a peaceful night of sleep. The noise level generated is less than 35 decibels and does not distract at all.
Last but not least, the brand offers you 30 days of replacement support and one year warranty on the device. This one is truly worth checking out if you are looking for the best humidifier for 1000 square feet.
- Offers room coverage of up to 1000 sq ft.
- Large capacity water tank of 16 liters or 4.2 gallons.
- Unit can work continuously for up to 48 hours.
- 4 mist speeds for different environmental conditions.
- Accurate humidity sensor that auto-adjusts according to the preset humidity level.
- Humidifier shuts down automatically when set humidity level is reached.
- Top-fill design for easy access to refilling and cleaning.
- Sensitive touch control and remote control support.
- 12 hours timer.
- The sight glass to monitor the water level is somewhat hard to read.
- Display lights cannot be turned off.
4. Aircare D-Series Humidifier- D66720.
The Aircare D66720 is one of the most compact air purifiers you will come across, which does its job efficiently and keeps many rooms humid. But it takes up a minimal amount of space and can fit in any corner of your whole house.
The unit can cover an area of up to 1200 sq ft and is exceptionally suitable for use in medium sized rooms, large bedrooms, or even office spaces.
This tower humidifier contains the power of two regular humidifiers in a single unit and comes with two wicks, two vents, and two water tanks.
The unit has digital controls that are very accurate and allow you to track real-time humidity levels around you. The working time of the device is also pretty decent and can run for up to 50 hours continuously.
Coming to fan speeds, there are four different levels that you can adjust according to your requirements. There is an adjustable humidistat and auto shut-off function, where the device switches off automatically once the set humidity level is reached.
The water refill function is very easy and convenient, and you also get an indicator for checking the filter. This indicator is handy as it alerts you when you need to replace the filter. The capacity of the water tank is sufficient at 2 gallons.
There is also a control lock function so that anyone cannot come and just mess up the settings. Along with the unit, you get a chord of 60 inches in length. The brand offers you a 2-year warranty on motors and a one-year warranty on all other components except the wick filters.
- Evaporative humidifier that works efficiently.
- Covers an area of 1200 sq ft.
- Cleaning and refilling the tanks is very easy.
- Has a runtime of 50 hours.
- 4 fan speeds.
- Smart sensor to monitor humidity levels in real time.
- Automatic shutdown function and control lock function.
- Filter replacement indicator.
- The blue LED light located at the top of the unit can be extremely bright for some.
- There is a chance of water spilling while replacing the water tanks, a tray is required underneath.
- The unit is somewhat noisy at the highest fan speed.
- Replacement filters are a little expensive.
5. Aircare Space Saver 836000HB Humidifier.
This humidifier follows evaporative technology and is ideal for those with extra-large spaces and looking for a humidifier to cover such a large area. The Aircare Space Saver can cover an area of up to 2300 square feet, which is pretty impressive and is rarely seen in humidifiers.
Usually, the problem with large room humidifiers is their bulky design, and moving them from one room to another is very hard. But that is not the case with this one, as this humidifier comes with caster wheels, and you can quickly move it around after you fill the water tank.
There is also an intelligent sensor, which turns on and off automatically based on the set humidity level. If the humidity in the surrounding air is higher than the set level, the unit will shut down automatically and will restart again if the humidity level goes below the set level.
The device is also easy to function with and comes with analog controls and a convenient digital display.
There are three fan speeds, and the water tank’s maximum capacity is around 6 gallons. Designed in the United States of America, this unit has an impressive runtime and can continuously function for up to 70 hours.
The humidistat is adjustable, and the device comes with a refill indicator to know when there is a water shortage in the tank. A check filter indicator also alerts you whenever you need to replace the filters.
Overall, this is a great option and can be very convenient if you are looking for a humidifier to cover extra large spaces in your home or even a commercial area.
- The massive coverage area of up to 2300 square feet.
- Casters to move the unit around from one place to another.
- Analog controls and convenient digital display.
- Turns on and off automatically to maintain humidity at a certain level.
- Water tank of 6 gallons capacity.
- Refill indicator and filter replacement indicator.
- Has a runtime of up to 70 hours.
- The build quality feels cheap.
- Unit is likely noisy at high fan speed.
- A little difficult to assemble the unit.
6. Aircare Digital Pedestal-Style Humidifier.
This humidifier is slightly expensive but what stands out immediately is the aesthetically pleasing design. It does not look like any regular plastic box-style humidifier and comes in two beautiful shades- espresso and nutmeg.
Honestly, it looks like a vintage piece of furniture that you would want to add to your room as a conversation starter. You can also swap out the decorative top insert with any 12×12 tile to match your home decor.
In fact, If you place a few books or a flower vase on this, no one will be able to recognize easily that it is actually a humidifier.
This pedestal-style humidifier can cover a massive area of 2400 square feet. And another special feature of this unit is that it runs almost silently.
There is a small digital display, and the device comes with an automatic humidistat that can accurately measure the relative humidity in a room. As soon as the humidity level in the room drops 3% below the desired humidity, the unit will cycle on and off to maintain the percentage you prefer.
There are 9 fan speeds, and you can choose your preferred one according to the condition of the environment you are in. The water tank has a capacity of 3.5 gallons, and the device has a maximum run time of up to 60 hours.
Cleaning the unit is also pretty easy, and it comes with 4 caster wheels on the base, making it easily portable.
There is a filter replacement indicator, which usually glows after 720 hours of use. You also get a refill indicator that alerts you when to refill the water. You need to do this usually every two days.
- Absolutely stunning and aesthetically pleasing design.
- Great coverage of 2400 square feet.
- 9 fan speeds.
- Good capacity and can hold up to 3.5 gallons of water.
- Caster wheels make it easily portable.
- Adjustable humidistat and automatic shut-off feature.
- Water refill and filter replacement indicator.
- The brightness of the display can be too much for some.
- Device is noisy at higher fan speeds.
7. Vornado EVAP-40 Evaporative Humidifier.
A worthy competitor for the position of the best humidifier for 1000 square feet, this one is loved by many due to its optimum performance and can cover an area of up to 1000 square feet.
The blades are perfectly capable of pulling in large volumes of dry air through 2 humidifier filters, and then the humidified air is circulated throughout the entire room with the help of the brand’s signature Vortex action.
The capacity of the water tank in this unit is also pretty great at 4 gallons, and the unit can offer an output in 24 hours when you operate it continuously at high speed.
The control panel is pretty straightforward and lets you choose between the three different fan speeds. There is also an adjustable humidistat dial that lets you set your desired humidity level.
The unit is also very easy to maintain and comes with two spill-proof and leak-free removable tanks. You can easily take them out to refill them or clean them.
The device follows an intelligent humidification system where it can sense how much humidity and circulation are required to maintain an ideal environment for you. And then it makes adjustments accordingly.
This air purifier uses a wick to humidify the air in the room without making a wet mess on the floor or any surface.
- Superior coverage of 1000 square feet.
- Easy to use control panel.
- Three different fan speeds.
- Large 4-gallon capacity of the water tank.
- Uses a unique vortex action to humidify all the air in the room.
- Intelligent sensor to keep track of humidity levels in real-time and adjust the airflow accordingly.
- Slightly expensive.
- Does not include a built-in digital humidity gauge.
- It is hard to refill the water tank without making a mess due to its large capacity.
How to Choose the Right Type of Humidifier for 1000 Square Feet
Selecting a humidifier that suits you the best can be the trickiest part of buying a humidifier for 1000 sq ft homes. Besides the price, some other things make a humidifier perfect for your home. And since you already know the size, you just need to pick one that fulfills all your other requirements.
Type of humidifiers
There are different types of humidifiers available in the market. Based on the budget, size of the room, and your other preferences, you can choose the type of humidifier.
- Whole house These are the type of humidifiers that connect the entire house together with the help of the HVAC system. The mist is passed into various rooms by the vents.
- Ultrasonic These humidifiers take the help of ultrasonic waves to evaporate the water present in the tank and then distribute it throughout the room. It is very quiet and convenient to use.
- Evaporative On contrary to other humidifiers, these humidifiers condense the water into vapor by heating the water. A wick present in the device manages to do that while the fan blows it into the air.
Since you are choosing a humidifier for 1000 sq ft, you need a water tank that would sustain the coverage of such a large area over a long period of time. Humidifiers with large capacities are your best bet when it comes to this.
One of the most annoying things about humidifiers can be their constant noises and humming sounds. So when you are buying one be sure to check that the noise produced by the humidifier is 30 dB or less.
Another essential aspect that needs to be factored in is the design and build of the humidifier. Since the humidifier would have a large build with a bulky nature to compensate for its coverage area, be sure to pick one that would be easily portable.
If you feel that you won’t ever move its places, pick one that blends into your surroundings without fuss. No one wants a big device standing out in the middle of your room.
With their build and added features, large humidifiers are generally much more expensive than normal middle-range humidifiers.
And if you are paying so much for a device then it is best to pick one that lasts you for a long time. Buying this expensive humidifier, again and again, is not feasible and wise.
So the best humidifier for 1000 sq ft would be one with a longer warranty period, is made using better quality materials, and lasts longer.
What to look for While choosing a humidifier for a 1000 square feet or greater place?
There are distinct qualities in a humidifier that you need to be on the lookout for when choosing a humidifier for 1000 sq ft or more:
It is amongst the things that make a humidifier efficient and easier to use. It automatically brings the humidity level to the desired level and shuts it off when it does. This ensures that you don’t need to adjust and readjust the level as the humidity increases or decreases.
For a humidifier working at an area coverage of 1000 sq ft, you will expect it to be bulky and hard to carry around. Having castors pre-installed with them ensures that you won’t need to strain your muscle while moving it around.
Now, this is probably something that can make a huge difference in your pockets. If the filter and replacement cost is too much, there isn’t a point in buying a cost-effective or energy efficient one.
Auto shut off
Again if you want to have a peaceful time with your humidifier, then this is a must-have feature. Auto shut off ensures that your humidifier shuts off its functions if the water tank is about to run out. It is actually necessary if you don’t want your machine to burn down while running on an empty tank.
As explained, if the humidifier promises to make a sound above 30 dB then it is best to avoid it if you are sensitive to sounds. The constant humming and water gurgling sound can be especially annoying when you are trying to sleep or just have a peaceful time.
The above recommendations are some of the best humidifiers you can try out for larger spaces. But if I have to pick a winner for the best humidifier for 1000 square feet, it will be the Aircare Pedestal-Style EP9800 humidifier.
First of all, the unique design is mind-blowing and looks like a decorative piece in your house. You are getting a massive coverage of 2400 square feet along with 9 different fan speeds, a combination that is not usually seen in many units. The water tank capacity is also pretty large at 3.5 gallons and the maximum run time is an incredible 60 hours.
Even though the device is slightly expensive, it is worth every penny. It will definitely improve the overall air quality in your home to a huge extent by reducing excessive dryness and maintaining a proper balance of moisture in the air.
How big of a humidifier do I need for 1000 square feet?
A water tank with storage and capacity of 4 to 5 gallons or more would be best suited for the 1000 sq ft requirement. Anything smaller than that, your water tank would run out fast.
What size humidifier do I need per square foot?
Buying a humidifier bigger than required is just as bad as a humidifier that won’t cover the entire space. So when choosing a specific humidifier, you first need to measure the exact dimensions of the room and then select the water tank capacity or humidifier size based on the following chart:
|Area||Humidifier Output Rating|
|500 sq ft or smaller||1.5 – 2.0 gallons per day|
|530 – 600 sq ft||2.2 – 2.5 gallons per day|
|700 – 800 sq ft||3 – 3.5 gallons per day|
|900 – 1000 sq ft||4 – 5.0 gallons per day|
|1000 – 2000 sq ft||7 – 9.0 gallons per day|
|Over 2000 sq ft||10 gallons per day or higher|