Eczema, also known as atopic dermatitis, is a skin disease in which the skin suffers from redness, irritation, and rashes. These symptoms typically occur due to stress and when your immune system cells start overreacting against common irritants and allergens.
As a result, the skin starts feeling itchy, and your brain signals you to scratch it constantly. However, scratching the skin eventually worsens the condition by increasing the rashes’ inflammation and redness.
That is why adopting the correct treatment methods is essential to prevent the health damage that may occur due to eczema. While avoiding using soap and certain ointments, lotions and creams is a suitable management method, buying the best air purifier for eczema is another Foolproof way to eliminate allergens from the air around your house to prevent the onset of the disease.
But how does air purifier help with eczema? What are some good and affordable options currently available in the market? And which is the Best HEPA air purifier for eczema? In this article, we will answer all your queries and also recommend the best air purifier for eczema.
- 1 5 Best air purifier for eczema
- 2 Does an Air purifier help with eczema?
- 3 Verdict
5 Best air purifier for eczema
Even though the market has plenty of options for buying the best air purifier for eczema, making the right choice becomes problematic when you are unaware of what to look for and how to find the best brands providing the best service.
But you don’t have to worry anymore; we have already shortlisted 5 of the most fantastic air purifiers for you to buy for eczema in 2022. Check out the list below to find out.
1. LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier with H13 True HEPA Filter
Patients suffering from eczema need to take steroids to prevent the symptoms from worsening. But these steroids, when taken for a long time regularly, are very harmful to the body. Especially if a child is facing eczema, then continuous steroid intake can make them dependent on the medicine, which is dangerous for their health in the long run.
The LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier comes with VortexAir Technology, 3 stage filtration system, and a 2/4/6/8 hour timer to quickly knock out even the most minute-sized microorganisms, allergens, and irritants from the air. Its three-stage filtration system contains an H13 True HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter, and an additional pre-filter to capture up to 99.9% of contaminants from air having a size as small as 0.3 microns.
LEVOIT Core 300 has a compactly structured, cylindrical framework that does not use any kind of UV-C light for Air filtration and has an in-built filter life indicator. In fact, with the help of QuietKEAP Technology, LEVOIT’s best HEPA air purifier for eczema produces only a sound of 24 DB While operating.
Therefore, you can keep this nuisance-free air cleaning machine anywhere and everywhere, whether it is your bedroom, living room, baby room, study area, or workspace.
It also comes with a special sleep mode that can be turned on at night to have a peaceful sleeping environment. All these, plus the display lights, which you can quickly turn off, make LEVOIT Core 300 an outstanding choice for the best air purifier for eczema.
What’s more, is that the sleek design of this air purification unit won the Red Dot award in 2020 for being the classiest little home appliance that actually works as it promises. It is also FCC certified, Energy Star Certified, ETL Listed, and complies with CARB.
CARB means California Air Resources Board. It is an association that forms the guidelines for indoor cleaning appliances to ensure they work with the best quality and provide satisfactory customer service.
Lastly, the LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier with H13 True HEPA Filter readily covers areas as large as 547 square feet within 30 minutes and 219 square feet in 12 minutes. So, it is a perfect air filtration unit for small to medium-sized rooms.
- It has a filter life indicator
- It has a sleek and portable body design
- The filters are effortless to replace
- None of the buttons makes any loud beeping noise on pressing
- The machine is straightforward to set up and use
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Inexpensive replacement filters
- Perfectly suitable for allergies and respiratory problems
- It does not remove bad smells
- The air purifier runs by consuming a large amount of electricity
2. Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Auto Large Area Air Purifier
Do you live in a highly polluted neighborhood? Are you sick of constantly suffering from coughing, sneezing, congestion issues, and sleeping problems due to the impure atmosphere? Although our body has a specific capacity to fight against allergens, dirt, and germs, some people become over-immune to these.
Ultimately, they become prey to respiratory infections, asthma, and skin conditions like eczema. In such a situation, purchasing the best air purifier for eczema is one of the most crucial steps to treating it effectively.
Therefore, the Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Auto Large Area Air Purifier is specifically designed for large rooms of 540 sq. ft. It contains a unique HEPASilent technology with an Intuitive Auto mode to clean the air even in large spaces with maximum power.
The Intuitive Auto mode intelligently adjusts the purifier settings by automatically detecting the environmental conditions to provide the most suitable air filtration with the help of intelligent sensors.
At the same time, there is a washable pre-filter which makes the device a low-maintenance unit since there’s no need for expensive replacement of filters. In fact, you even get to choose between 5 distinct color options in the pre-filter.
However, the best part is that it has dual indicators to fulfill two significant purposes. The first one is the LED light indicator for easy air quality monitoring. It shows red color for highly polluted air, orange for moderately polluted air, and blue for good air quality. And the second one is the highly useful filter replacement indicator.
So, you always have an idea about what grade of air goes inside your lungs and when is the time to replace the filters. (Note: The pre-filter is washable, the primary filter is not)
So, there’s artificial intelligence, but there’s also a choice for customization. Thus, making it the best air purifier for eczema worth purchasing. It is especially a must-have purifier for people who want complete control over their appliance’s function.
- It contains an Air quality indicator
- Intelligent sensing of Air pollution With the help of auto mode
- It is super easy to set up
- The body of the purifier has an excellent build quality
- Low operational sound
- It is suitable for large-sized rooms
- The company provides excellent customer support services
- Not easy to move around
- Lacks a HEPA air filter
3. HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier HSP001 – 700 Sq. Ft. Coverage
Do you know that eczema has no cure? You can never really get rid of it completely. All you can do is take proper precautionary and treatment measures to ensure that it does not keep coming back in the worst possible ways. (And it will come back! A lot, in fact).
Especially when there are changes in the weather like increasing humidity levels or maybe due to rising smoke and adverse environmental conditions, you must buy the best air purifier for eczema to eliminate all chances of air pollution and contamination due to allergens and infections at your home.
One excellent option is the HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier HSP001 for 700 square feet covering spaces. We recommend it for people with allergies and respiratory problems because of its five-stage filtration system. It contains a True H13 HEPA filter that acts like a beast to knock out all airborne particles with a size as small as 0.3 microns.
On the other hand, the sleek and stylish-looking body of HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier HSP001 has unique and exclusive features like:
- A State-of-the-art fan with adjustable settings.
- The AUTO mode for intelligent air quality sensing and pollution level detection.
- Remote control for easy monitoring from anywhere across the room.
- The digital display looks very modern and provides accurate information regarding the system settings and air quality.
- A high-quality honeycomb-activated carbon filter absorbs all odors and foul smells from pet dander, smoke, cooking smells, etc.
Moreover, when you buy this Best HEPA air purifier for eczema, you also get a two-year warranty and a lifetime of great customer support that is available 7 days a week for your assistance.
Again, there are modes like speed control, light control, automatic mode, and sleep mode for higher customization and better performance as per your requirement. And of course, it also has a Whisper quiet operational mode, making it a disturbance-free device at your home.
However, if you are still not sure about whether you can really trust it for eczema or not, you can read the 10,000 + Amazon reviews from genuine buyers to know more about its reliability and durability.
- Effective for pet dander and pet odors
- Remote control
- Stylish body design
- Intelligent air quality sensors
- Excellent Customer Service
- The air purifier is easy to clean
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- Ideal for large spaces
- High maintenance cost
- It produces a loud noise while functioning
4. Medify MA-14 Air Purifier (200 sq ft Coverage)
The fourth product on our list is for people running on a budget of less than $100. Yes, you read that right. The Medify MA-14 Air Purifier has a coverage area of 200 square feet and comes at a super affordable and budget-friendly price.
It is designed mainly for use in small spaces of not more than 400 square feet and purifies the air of 200 square feet rooms in merely a span of 30 minutes.
The control panel has fantastic clarity and clearly shows all settings like:
- Fan speed: You can choose from 3 fan speed options.
- Night light & Sleep Mode: It is a great additional feature that allows you to create a soothing and peaceful sleeping environment around your bedroom. Besides, you can even dim lights to the minimum intensity if you’re a light sleeper. This feature is also suitable for kids with allergies and eczema who don’t like complete darkness in their room while sleeping.
- Filter replacement indicator: Timely changing the filters is crucial for all air purifiers, irrespective of the type of permanent filter they contain. Since filters are the central dirt capturing units, they become dirty with time. Also, even the best air purifier for eczema may start releasing bad smells if filters are not replaced on time. Therefore, the filter replacement indicator plays a vital role in letting you know about changing the filter.
- Child Lock: Electrical devices must always be kept away from the reach of children. But it is practically not possible to always keep an eye on whether your kids are around the air purifier or not. The child lock feature prevents damage to the machine and children by becoming a guard against their interaction.
The Medify MA-14 Air Purifier has a 3-stage filtration system with an H13 True HEPA Filter, a pre-filter, and activated charcoal to effectively and quickly clean the air. The operational sound doesn’t produce a noise of more than 55DB while running.
The last and the best thing about it is that it is an energy star-certified product that doesn’t cost you a fortune and is a low maintenance charge requiring a machine.
- Value for money
- Sleep mode
- Excellent customer support services
- Beautiful Design
- The build quality of all elements of the air purifier is great
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to set up
- Only suitable for medium spaces
- It requires expensive replacement filters
5. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Our last recommendation for the best air purifier for eczema has 3 essential elements that work in coordination to provide complete air filtration at a fast speed. Firstly, there’s an AOC Carbon Filter that is easily washable.
It uses activated carbon granules that facilitate rapid absorption of household odors. Secondly, PlasmaWave behaves like a permanent filter to successfully remove all allergens, germs, and infectious agents from the air. And the last one is the True HEPA filter that removes particles of sizes up to 0.3 microns.
Therefore, the air purification unit works on a low operational sound of only 27 decibels. Besides, there’s a separate sleep mode too. So, it doesn’t interfere with your peace and lets you work, study and sleep without disturbances.
Further, the smart sensors automatically detect the kind of filtration your home environment needs and start working accordingly to provide the best purification services. The device also comes with remote control for easy and hassle-free monitoring.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is an energy-star-rated home appliance that the AHAM verifies. It comes with a 2-year brand warranty and a 1-year filter supply (the package has 1 replacement filter of each: 1 true HEPA filter and 1 AOC filter).
Therefore, in the final analysis, we can conclude that Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is undoubtedly one of the best air purifiers to buy in 2022. It works amazingly well, not just for eczema but also for other respiratory problems and infections arising due to breathing polluted air.
- Easy to assemble
- High durability
- Great Build Quality
- Beautiful design
- Effortless maneuverability
- 2-year warranty
- Low operational sound
- It needs expensive replacement filters
- There is no option to turn off the bright LED lights
Does an Air purifier help with eczema?
Eczema is usually initiated during infancy and often continues until childhood and adulthood to severely affect the skin texture and quality of the person suffering from it.
When your skin is exposed to dirt, germs, allergens, bacteria, pet dander, dust mites, and other air contaminants like smoke, it starts producing negative symptoms like:
- Sensation of itching
- And even rashes
These affect your physical health and stand out as a great hindrance by interfering with your overall living because of the constant irritation due to dry skin. It also makes it difficult to carry out the typical day-to-day tasks because your skin constantly demands to be itched.
As a result, your skin feels irritated, but your mood is also negatively affected. Did you know that if not treated timely during childhood, something that may appear like a common skin infection may turn into disastrous conditions like allergies and even asthma in some cases?
Therefore, since the primary function of an air purifier is to filter the air and improve its quality, it works like magic for people dealing with eczema. Removing all kinds of air pollutants, including microorganisms and dust, is one of the most effective solutions for eczema.
To summarise, we can readily conclude that air purifiers are undoubtedly one of the best ways to deal with allergies, eczema, infections, and respiratory problems.
However, when purchasing the best air purifier for eczema, you must consider factors like the type of filters incorporated, their durability, the frequency by which you need to change the filters, and whether there are permanent or washable filters. It is also essential to have a clear idea about the floor area you want to cover and the most suitable size of the air purifier which will work best for you.
Ending this article with the most recommended choice of our editor, LEVOIT Air Purifier Core 300 is the winner. It is easy to carry, free from ozone releases, and compatible with various filters. Furthermore, it is affordable and one of the most sold air purifiers on the internet.